Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Windy City and Ororo Munroe

The weekend is over. In fact, it's been over for a while now. But, it was a good one, to be sure.

Left for Chicago on Friday night and stayed until late Monday. Here are a few things I noticed or experienced:

  • White Sox fans hate Cubs fans more than Twins fans.
  • Rims can be put on a conversion van, contrary to popular belief.
  • Money ceases to be an issue when drinking.
  • Track jackets are easy to find in large cities.
  • Cabbies in Chicago are great, second only to Dublin, Ireland.
  • Spending time with Pegatron is easy.
  • Sarah Palin is still completely useless.

All in all, I had a great time in Chicago and was happy to see Millenium Park, the Field Museum, Wrigley Field and a ploethera of other shops and sights. I liked Chicago better than New York, but I'm still finding myself most comfortable in Minneapolis. I love this place.

Picked up some comics yesterday at The Source. Happy to say I'm the proud owner of the 4-issue limited series "Damage Control." It's an interesting concept. Superheroes fuck shit up. Damage Control cleans up their mess. Written and illustrated back in '89, it certainly is hard to get used to the old printing style, but it's fun nonetheless. A little Fantastic Four, Ironman, Spiderman, Thor, and the X-Men made cameos in the series.

NOTE: Storm is much cooler with a white mohawk ('83-'91), rather than the current poof that Halle Berry sports in the movies. (The mohawk was put on Storm because the artist heard they were going to change her hair style, so he took the liberty of making her hair look like Mr. T. That joke lasted 8 years, but should've lasted longer.)











Also, I had a great conversation with Troy, Damien and Fred last evening on the current financial crisis in America. As with most converations on the topic, I felt a bit uneducated. Monday night I calculated how much each United States citizen would get if the 700 Billion dollars were split up for all of us and it came out to about $2,300. I think Americans would be pretty happy if we got all that cash, however it will most likely go to the terds who hedged their bets and lost.























Thank you to GraphJam for the jammin' graph.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I totally agree, in the geekiest way possible. Ororo was wayyyy more badass with the mohawk. *sigh* I wanna go read me some late 80's X-Men RIGHT NOW! (Remember the Fall of the Mutants? Remember Rogue as a bad guy? ARRGHH)