Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Failure and the Quantum Leap

Day three of the "$20 a week" challenge. I've failed.

I went to the Bryn Mawr Market to get some poor-meal essentials (bread, jelly, peanut butter) and without checking the prices, as I assumed they were reasonable, brought the three items to the counter. Within seconds the items rang up and it came to $11. When the hell did peanut butter and jelly get so expensive? Needless to say, this little trip to the market ruined me for the week. I may attempt to live on $30 a week soon, but I need to pout about the price of peanut butter and jelly for a while.

This challenge has made me very aware of the money I spend, so for at least the next few weeks, I'm sure I'll be thrifty.

I woke up this morning at Pegatron's and I rarely stay at her house, so for a brief second I had no idea where I was. In that moment, I had a creepy thought that I woke up in another person's body, in the vein of Quantum Leap. I loved that show.

2 comments:

Pflan said...

That's weird because I had a dream that Scott Bakula was in my room.

Jill said...

You can save money by buying Goober Grape.