Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Monopoly Game and the closing of my throat

Good news!

The Monopoly Game started at McDonald's yesterday. This will, no doubt, increase the amount of time I spend under the golden arches. This is both a good thing (MONOPOLY) and a bad thing (large meals consisting of primarily grease).

Barack was said to have won the debate last night. I watched a good amount of said debate and tend to agree. McCain is so awkward. I would feel so much better about this election had he not selected Sarah Palin as his running mate. God, she sucks.

The Gay/Straight Alliance is up again at Improv-A-Go-Go for the next three Sundays. Following that, 3 weeks of Hellendrung, Scott & Associates. Creature Feature and Survivors of the Undead Plague continues for the next 4 Thursdays in October. I won't be in tomorrow's show, but it's gonna be sweet meat without me. Also, CSz continues. I love this stuff.

My parents met Pegatron last night for the very first time. All parties involved were pleased. I knew that no other outcome was possible, but it was good for them to meet her. I know they were excited to do exactly that.

FallCon was last weekend. I purchased DC comics for the first time, ever. I was excited to get Superman Red Son, a book with the premise that Superman landed 10 hours later than he originally did and grew up in the Soviet Russia. Brilliant! I also met Alex Grecian, the writer of my current favorite, Proof. He told me to write him a letter. So, I will.

I've finally re-stocked on Q-tips and I can now stop taking them from my roommates. I know they're just Q-tips, but I've certainly contemplated replacing the 30 or so I've taken since moving in. In addition, I've also purchased Dove body soap. It's the first time I've not had either Irish Spring or Zest and I'm a bit nervous, but it smells so good. Mmmm... cucumbers.

Bad news!

I've had a weird sickness that kept me away from work Monday. It hurts a great deal to swallow and you really have no idea how much one swallows during the day until it hurts to do so. I find myself chewing things much longer so that they're reduced to a mere pulp in order to slowly squeeze them by my aching tonsils.

I have to wait 3 more months to the opening home game of the season for the Minnesota Swarm at Xcel Energy Center. I don't want to wait. I want it now, daddy! *breaks into song*

I want the world.
I want the whole world.
I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate.
Give it to me.
Now!

Don't care how, I want it now.
Don't care how, I want it now!

No comments: