Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Goal and a Dramatic Explosion

Starting yesterday and for the next month, I am going to attempt to spend only $20 a week on sustenance and other willy-nilly items. Soup and bread for lunch ($1.75, roughly) and whatever comes my way for dinner should be just fine. A coworker, told me that my body will feel hungry if it is a little dehydrated, so I'll also be increasing the amount of water I drink at work. I do hope that my urge for a Tuesday DVD run will subside as this week goes on, but the most difficult part will be ordering water at the bar. I like beer... a lot. In fact, I would even call myself a beer evangelist, spreading the good word of beers I've tasted and enjoyed. It's important to also know that I do not have a ploethera of food in wait at my home. In fact, I have very little at home. Perhaps I'll vulture some leftovers and get crafty with what little I have at home. I'll keep my blog updated with my progress. It is Tuesday and I have $16 left.

I have also started a profile at 43 Things. So far, I've listed 8 things I want to do. The majority are large goals and a few are not so huge. It's a great site to keep you motivated on accomplishing goals. And you can cheer on others as they attempt to chase their dreams.


I've started watching the FX Original Series "Sons of Anarchy." I'm a big fan of Ron Perlman and this is a no holds barred hellfire motorcycle ride to explosionville. I've realized what it takes for me to really enjoy a dramatic television series and it breaks down to 3 rules.
  1. Must have organized crime or warring clans
  2. Must have massive explosions
  3. Must offer an occasional giggle

I loved the show "The Black Donnellys" and find the set up and delivery very similar to "Sons of Anarchy." The show can be seen here.

My sickness has left. It's feels good to swallow and not wince. The other reason I'm pleased it's gone is a little show for which I want to be healthy. Creature Feature/Survivors of the Undead Plague is set for the next three Thursdays at the Brave New Workshop at 8pm. The earlier start time is going to bring the crowds in, so I recommend buying tickets online.

Until next time.

No comments: