Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This is how we do it... baby.

In my last post, I mentioned Minneapolis taking over as the Minnesota State Capital. I, however, wrote that it would be the Capitol (please notice different spelling). How is it that 24 years of life has not taught me that using an "O" refers to the actual building and only the building. That's goddamn hootenany! I always thought the "O" was used when referring to a capital city or the capitol itself. However, I was wrong and I'm not happy about it. Here is a ridiculous sentence that shows just how ridiculous this ridiculous grammar issue is:

Steve lived in the capital, but not the capitol.

Fuck that noise. I'm happy English is my native tongue because if I had to learn it as a second language, I would've given up years ago.

In sports, my Fantasy Football team won for the first time this year. I'd like to thank Marion Barber of the Dallas Cowboys. And the Academy. Also, I'd like to thank Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers who returns to the game this week after a 2-game suspension for breaking a teammates nose. You were missed. I'm gonna need you to step up, Steve. No joke.

I went and saw 'Burn After Reading' with Pegatron last night at AMC Southdale. My bias will emerge here quickly as the Coen Brothers' last film, 'No Country For Old Men,' is my favorite film. I really liked this comedy. Brad Pitt, Tilda Swinton, John Malkovich, George Clooney and Frances McDormand were all phenomenal at portraying generally bad people, with McDormand (and perhaps Pitt) being the only exceptions. Additionally, I've found that I am really captivated whenever J.K. Simmons is on screen. I'll call it "stage presence." Anyhoo, I recommend the film if you like the Coen Brothers. If you don't like the Coen Brothers' previous work, you may not find this film as enjoyable as I did.

I found this website, too. Need a Knife/Spoon/Fork (Sporkife?) combo? How about a desktop cat bed? Dying to get a home earthquake seismograph? Look no further. Yay!