Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day and Movies Movies Movies

I conquered three new movies this week. Well done, Tim. Well done.

The first I took in was part of my Valentine's Day festival with Pegatron. It was a lovely day that started with coffee and a heart-shaped box of chocolates and ended with a beer at Grumpy's near Downtown. Before partaking in a Valentine's Day Prix Fixe at Spill the Wine, Pegatron and I went to see the latest Hollywood sensation, Slumdog Millionaire. Of course you'll ask if it is as good as everyone says it is and I can say with a happy heart: yes. It was brilliant. All good movies come to an end, however, so Tuesday evening I found myself watching Appaloosa.

Not only did this western pale in comparison to Slumdog, but I found myself complaining about how slow the movie was... to myself. That's fucking pathetic. Also, I was horrified to find that a great cast of Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen and Jeremy Irons would soon be ruined by the appearance of, none other than, Renee Zellweger. Dammit! That bitch just won't quit.

Finally, this evening, I treated myself to the Apatow production of Pineapple Express. It was exactly what one would expect: dick jokes followed by apologies. Maybe if I smoked weed it would've been hilarious, but it was mediocre and didn't hold a candle to Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It wasn't all bad, however. I laughed aloud when Seth Rogen's character attempted to place part of his ear back on. Hideous, but delightfully charming.

And to back track a little, I should mention that my Valentine's outing was killer boots, to be sure. I'm head over heels for Pegatron. I wish everyone could be this happy.

'til next time.

No comments: