Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th and Boats

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

Everytime we land on Friday the 13th, some horror movie is released in theatres to remind us how scary this world can be, offering sociopaths around the world ways to murder teenagers. I can honestly say that I don't suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia, fear of Friday the 13th, but I do know that I suffer from fear of movies released on Friday the 13th, which doesn't have a long name, unfortunately.

Scary movies are stupid. I can honestly say I've enjoyed two scary movies in my entire life: Jaws and The Ring. I've seen many others, but I am so very close to urinating during each movie that I fail to see the joy. For instance, last year I went to The Strangers with a friend. I was waiting for it to end from the get-go. I would often wave my hand in front of my face to remind myself that this is just a movie and I am in complete control. There is no reason we should "enjoy" the murder of helpless victims. Worse yet was the fact that the movie was based on true events. So, millions of people are paying to watch a re-creation of some couples' horrific end. Why is that OK? It's not. You are a terrible person for enjoying horror movies.

I challenge everyone to buck up and watch movies other than scary ones on this Friday the 13th. And when we have another Friday the 13th in March and another in November of this year, please just pass up the scary movies and see the lastest 3D animated adventure.

And to get our mind off of the release of the remake of Friday the 13th with everyone's favorite hockey-masked asshole, Jason Voorhees, I've posted my new favorite music video:

I'm On A Boat

No comments: