Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions and the Teaching Profession

Welcome to 2009, bitches.

New Year's Resolution: Clean my room.

Since I've never made a resolution before, I wanted to start off small. I quit smoking a week and a half before the new year began, so to say that would be my resolution is like saying my resolution is to wear boxers, something I started in, at least, 5th grade. I'm a little worried about the general organization of the things in my room, but I think I'll be ok. What a sense of accomplishment I'll feel when I complete that which I resolve to do.

On January 1st, I'm proud to say that I successfully wrote a check and did not forget to write 2009. Also, I find it a little easier to type 2009 because the zero is so close to the 9 on the keyboard. This is going to be a great year!

In major life news, I pretty much decided that I want to be a teacher. Granted, there are other things that I want to try my hand at before I croak, but for now I'll start to focus on how to make teaching happen. Not only do I want to inspire the next generation, but I also want to take away cell phones and have daily trivia challenges (to get your cell phone back). In the mean time, I will take cell phones from coworkers and ask ridiculously hard questions of my supervisors to prepare myself to the teaching profession.

'til next time.

5 comments:

blogger sucks said...

I'm excited to hear your news! Are you going to try and become certified in MN?

Let's talk soon.

Jen said...

You'd be an awesome teacher. Period. :) Looking forward to Friday! :)

Tim said...

That's my plan. Get certified in Minnesota. I hear St. Thomas has a good program that also places you.

blogger sucks said...

UofM-TC has a masters/initial cert. program that is probably cheaper than St. Thomas. Just an idea...

Tim said...

How long is the program there? Do you know off the top of your head?