Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Beer and a Happy New Year

New Year's Eve! That means Christmas has come and gone for another year. The jolly holiday filled me with joy and Swedish meatballs and I'm happy to say, for the first time on Christmas, I received beer as a present. Beer is the perfect present. Here's why...

  1. Beer allows you to drink and be merry, as we are often told to do by old timey advertisements.
  2. Prices for beer are different at almost every liquor store, so you'll never know how much the gift-giver spent on you.
  3. Beer can be a multi-ethnic experience. I received a sampler and the first beer I tried was Brazilian. I've never been to Brazil, but now MY MOUTH HAS! That's not all! The beer I drank was called Xingu Black Beer and by purchasing the lovely beverage, the gift-giver helped protect the Xingu River, a symbol of biological and cultural diversity, as the brewery gives to the Y Ikatu Xingu foundation.
  4. It's beer. Num num num num.
Not only did I get beer, but I also got a gift card for more beer. Christmas gets better and better every year.

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May all your resolutions work out. May all your hangovers tomorrow morning be short. May unicorns come back to life and may we never see the creation of the Bear Shark.

No comments: