Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chicago and the cast of Batman 3

Last weekend, one of my favorite things in the whole world, Survivors of the Undead Plague, hit the road and visited the great land that is Chicago. Waking early last Friday morning was difficult, but I was promptly greeted by Troy with one of the greatest Christmas cards ever. If you love tarsiers and Christmas, you would've enjoyed the homemade card thoroughly. Hopefully I can make some Christmas cards by hand this year. There is nothing like homemade cards. Not only do I feel accomplished in the creation of said cards, but the receiver also feels just a wee bit more special.

Chicago was great. We arrived in the late afternoon and quickly situated ourselves. Pegatron and I stayed with a friend on the Southside, while Troy and Damian sought refuge at the home of Lisa, Tyler and Dave. Soon, I was on my way to the theatre with a backpack and duffelbag full of fake guns. I've never been so filled with fear about carrying those fake guns. They look real. Cops would assume they're real. I could've been killed! Anyhoo, I made it to the theatre and the set went well. It was fun to do Survivors with only Troy, Damian and I for the first time in front of an audience. We had previously done shows with Hannah K, Aric M and Mike F as a fourth, but never just the 3 of us. It was delightful.

Saturday was a bit of a slow day. After getting up a little later, I was on my way to an improv workshop with iO's Jet Eveleth. For the first time in my improv career since taking classes at ComedySportz, I felt like my views on improv were reinforced. I'd previously taken classes with several well-known, qualified, talented folks, but I never took anything away. I know this was a little more focused on the strengths and weaknesses of just Troy, Damian and I, as opposed to a group of 12-15 people. However, it really was the approach that made me feel so excited.

After that, it was back to the theatre for the Mustache Rangers and Butch and Jill. Both were spot-on for the show. The only unfortunate thing about the evening was an intoxicated man who had a bit of a problem with remaining still and keeping quiet. The show was over and it was time to imbibe. First, Pegatron and I purchased the most hideous holiday apparel one could imagine and made our way to Tin Lizzie for some ugly sweater party action. White people love ugly sweater parties. We drank the night away with a friend of Pegatron's from high school and ended up catching a cab to her place for the evening. The next day only brought the worst hangover I'd had in ages... not the best thing to have when getting ready to drive to Minnesota. All in all, the Chicago adventure was delightful.

In other news, since the UK tabloid/newspaper The Sun reported that Shia LaBeouf would be Robin, Eddie Murphy would be The Riddler and Rachel Weisz would be Catwoman, I decided to take the great villains remaining in the Batman series and cast them for film. That update should be coming soon.

1 comment:

Sriracha said...

Please tell me you've seen this. Of course you have:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/12/14/118-ugly-sweater-parties/