Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A New Hope and a New Cube

In the immortal words of the band Staind, "It's been awhile."

What a joy to be back on the ol' blog. A lot has happened in the last few weeks. At work, I've moved from the training facility to a cube. I can honestly say, I've never been happier to be in a cubicle. I do know, however, that very soon, I'll be regretting ever moving to a place in which I have to be in a cube. But, for now, I'm basking in the glory. So far, I've decorated my cube with a Hellboy action figure and a Mola Ram doll. I'm contemplating several pictures, motivational posters and a Star Wars ice planet Hoth action set. Or maybe I'll just have the two. Time will tell.

In politics, Barack Obama kicked some old guy's ass to become our next President. Though I was very excited for his win, the night of the election I was saddened that our Minnesota Senatorial race had not been decided. In fact, over a week later, we are still waiting for the recount. I really do hope that Al Franken can eek this one out. Also, Keith Ellison won. Hooray!

Words and phrases I will not miss:
  • maverick
  • Joe Sixpack
  • Joe the Plumber
  • pro-America
  • "Our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of."
If Sarah Palin was our Vice President-elect, I might've thought about moving.

So, I love trivia. There's no use hiding it. Whether it's running a game of trivia at work, playing trivia games online, pub trivia or watching your favorite television game show; I love trivia. As you grow older, you learn more and more through experience, but I urge others to force yourself to learn something new and have fun doing it. If you love your religion, read about other religions to give yourself a better foothold within your own faith. If you love football, read about the origin. If you love foreign cultures, learn a language. And if you're like me and love random information and the general quest for knowledge, soak up everything you can. I challenge everyone out there to pick one thing and learn all about it. I'll report on my choice soon.

My boss lent me a copy of the 1966 version of Batman. Yes, folks, we're talking Pow! Whap! Oof! Bam! Batman. Let me just read the back cover for you:

When Batman and Robin get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp is in danger aboard his yacht, they launch a rescue mission. But the tip is a set-up by four of the most powerful villains ever, who seek to defeat the Dynamic Duo once and for all! Armed with a dehydrator that can turn humans to dust, the fearsome foursome intends to take over the world! Can the Caped Crusaders use their high-flying heroism and groovy gadgetry to declaw Catwoman, ice the Penguin, upstage the Joker, and stump the Riddler in time?

Awesome. So very awesome. I love alliteration.

No comments: