Thursday, November 13, 2008

Karate Kid and the Business Process

I really enjoy a good sketch session. Today at work I drew a picture, set up in the All Valley Karate Championship arena where the final fight of Karate Kid took place. I've replaced Daniel LaRusso with a monkey and his nemesis with the foot of the Cloverfield monster. The ref has a similar mustache, but is now a Weeble people. He wobbles, but he doesn't fall down. So ridiculous, but so fun to draw.



It's all of life's little things, isn't it?

In other news, I've started reading Moore's The Watchmen again. I read it a very long time ago and remember nothing, so before the movie comes out, I want to have a good base on which to judge said film. I have a good feeling that the Nite Owl will be my favorite character after I'm done, but I have no basis for that, just a random thought.

The final installment of Hellendrung, Scott and Associates goes up at Improv-A-Go-Go this Sunday. It's been such a joy to play with Jen Scott, whom I've decided is the nicest person in the Twin Cities. It'll be a great show as this week's associate is Josh Eakright of the Brave New Workshop mainstage. 8pm. Sunday. $1.

I've never understood why communication in a workplace fails, but I've now realized that a small portion of its' failure has something to do with how our generation does not take e-mail messages as seriously as a phone call or snail mail. At work, we get long e-mails of changes in the "business process" and are expected to just learn all these changes. I'd say we get these at least once a month if not more often. Many people just skip over them, thus making it more difficult to know if you're doing anything right. I'm frustrated and in need of some beef jerkey.

2 comments:

Jen said...

oooohhhh.. The joy is all mine. Thank you so much, awesome Tim... You've let me snot all over you so many times.. MORE! :)

blogger sucks said...

I read your blog. Didn't know if you knew that.