Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Signs of the Apocalypse... or not.

I think of myself as someone who is technically inclined. Microsoft Office is a cinch. I can navigate through photoshop with relative ease. I even know what those little dials do on the top of sound boards/mixers and how microphones work. But, I had a brief Oh-My-God-I'm-Getting-Old moment when I realized that I have no idea how an RSS feed works. It's been around a while now and I should, at the very least, have some clue as to it's uses and related programs. But no.

Have the relative ease of Facebook, Twitter and all Apple products taken away the need to be technically proficient?

I know some may think this is ridiculous, but this brief lapse in clarity and confidence will no doubt lead me to start reading ludicrous amounts of articles online about various things that I don't really need to know about to avoid any future old-timey debacles.

1 comment:

Jake Lunemann said...

You need to be introduced to Google Reader and RSS feeds will be just as easy as facebook or twitter. That is where I read your blog and many others.