Monday, May 18, 2009

The Big Red iPod and Deep Thoughts

I'd like to welcome a new addition to the Hellendrung family: Clifford.

Clifford is my new iPod nano. I purchased him after my 2nd Generation iPod, named Tylop, passed away on Friday at work. The last song to play on Tylop was Glen Hansard's "Say It To Me Now" from the Once Soundtrack. Interestingly enough, as if my iPod were some strange form of Bumblebee from Transformers, only able to speak through song, the final words echoed, "so if you have something to say... say it to me now." I didn't even realize that my iPod was so emotionally attached.

But, death offers the promise of new life. And I now have a lovely little guy named Clifford. Named after the big red dog of the same name. Something inside of me hoped that the first song that played would be something monumental, telling of the start of something new and gorgeous. Sadly, the first song played was "Stronger" by Kanye West. I couldn't find a deeper meaning because I was dancing.

No comments: